Thursday, October 15, 2015

It Floats!

I have not quite completed the rigging, but I have raised the mast and "bent on" the sails.


I hope to finish rigging in the next day or two, so no sailing yet, but I did take the boat down to the water to test some things, e.g., lowering the centerboard and using the little outboard.  I also took the opportunity to modify the trailer while the boat was in the water.  Now she sits on rollers instead of a wet, carpeted board, so the keel will dry better and I can inspect/repair it as needed.  I got this one shot of her sitting on the water before taking her for a little test spin:

4 comments:

  1. She looks just Awesome sitting on the water... can't wait for the sailing pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you got your boat into the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you got your boat into the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dana, been trying to get ahold of you. Send me your email. The PM on the forum doesn't seem to work. jpbratt at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete