Monday, May 8, 2017

Starting to "See Light at the End of the Tunnel"

 I found the missing piece of the tabernacle (just above the mast-swivel hole at the top) in the anchor well.  So I decided to glue it back in place . . .
. . . and to glue a large split on the other side.  This will get me back on the water sooner.  I have purchased white oak to construct a new tabernacle but now I can wait and build it at my leisure.

 Using several different methods (saws, grinder, sander) I finally managed to get what was left of the old stringers off the hull.  (What looks like some kind of stick above the hull is actually the mast.)
A test fit of the stringers and breasthook.  Pretty good fit if I do say so!  I put the bowsprit in place to make sure it fits under the breasthook.
 Here the stringers/breasthook have been glued in place and clamped.
Another view from lower down.


No comments:

Post a Comment