Saturday, August 29, 2015

About the Electrical Design for this Boat

One of the readers suggested I explain the electrical system I designed for my boat.  I think that's a good idea, partly because someone with more experience with marine electrics might have some suggestions.  So here goes.

Here is the way I plan to lay out all the electrics and electronics on the boat (this may change as I do the actual work):



Obviously, the various components are only in their approximate locations.

I drew a detailed schematic drawing before purchasing the components.  Again, this drawing may have to be changed when I start actually installing things:


There is a switch to isolate the solar panel which, depending upon the voltage regulator (V.R.) I choose, may not be necessary.  I also may decide against a trolling motor, in which case the trolling motor outlet will be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment